20070308

Red Eye





Wow. Stayed up waaay too late last night to check in on Tamara after she got in to her parents' house in Utah. I will be going to sleep much earlier tonight, I think...

My mom says that the kids are already suffering from IMM syndrome (I Miss Mommy), and she's probably not far off the mark. While the discipline hasn't yet reached Lilo and Stitch proportions ("She disciplines me real good.... Sometimes five times a day! With bricks... in a pillow case..."), it was meted out hard upon the heels of our arrival home this evening. I told the kids that Mommy isn't here to tell me that I can't send them to bed without dinner. The sad part is that they believe me.

Trevor was looking forward with anticipation to his stay at "Yaizah's" house today. He was calling her name before we had even gotten on our way. Eliza and Trevor had obviously had a good time, as they were only too happy to pose for me when I picked up Trevor this evening. (And Trevor got a nap. Yea!)



Thank goodness for our neighbor, Luci. She has taken on watching the school kids until Daddy is able to pick them up after work. Her apartment looks like it's been devastated by Hurricane Joneskids.





What good helpers I have, and not just when threatened with banishment without dinner! The girls are helping each other wash their hair. The boys are playing together and setting the table. And everyone is putting on smiley faces for Daddy's pictures.



Of course, they're still kids, and don't always have the sense to eat food that really is quite tasty. Tamara and I are both amazed that they aren't crazier about the tamale casserole that I warmed up tonight. Even the sauteed green beans with onions were a bigger hit!



I am happy to report that Trevor's head is looking better today. If only I could find furniture that is as robust as my children. I don't feel as sorry for the coffee table as I do for my little son, but I do hope that he can go a little easier to the furniture from now on.



Time for bed. Gotta get rid of these bloodshot eyes.

Posted by Jeremiah on March 8, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Submit a comment for review/posting

No comments: