20070720

South Beach Diet - Day 38

I just wanted to put up a quick post today. Tamara made her target weight! It only took a seven mile bike ride to drop those last few ounces, but she did it! Now the pressure is on me--she says we'll go out for ice cream to celebrate, but only after I've reached my goal, too.

In other news, the Clark University Summer Science Program, a science camp for rising high school seniors, that I have been heavily involved in previously, is in full swing. I decided to focus on my research this year rather than trying to spread my time between being the TA for the program and trying to get stuff done in my lab. I did, however, take an afternoon yesterday to drive some of the students to a swim party that is held annually at "Jones Beach." Although the weather did not cooperate, everyone managed to have a good time, and I got to meet up with some former students from the 2005 program.

No comments: