20071114

It's always fun when Grandma comes and so sad when she leaves!

This morning was a sad and gloomy morning at our house.  The kids got up and got ready for school knowing that Grandma wouldn't be here when they got home.  We had a really good week with my Mom and as usual it went by way to fast!  

When people find out that we have family coming into town they always ask what fun places  we are going to visit.  I usually have a hard time not laughing because I don't know how you squeeze in sightseeing with 5 children.  It was all we could do to keep up with the school schedules, homework, housework, and meals!   While we didn't do anything really exciting we did have a  good week and a really productive week.  

Some of the things the kids enjoyed with Grandma were snuggle time in Grandma's bed, Natalie being surprised when Grandma came to her class to be the mystery reader, Trevor learning how to play dominos with Grandma, having Grandma come to basketball practice, Anthony learning that Grandma would sew the hole in his favorite teddy bear when mommy would have said to throw it away, making Christmas cards with Grandma, Michaela getting to cruise the mall with Mommy and Grandma, and going to lunch at Wendy's with Grandma.

We sure did cram a lot into our week!  The kids all came home to find little notes Grandma had left for them and we already have letters waiting to be mailed tomorrow.  

It's hard to be away from family.  I'm just thankful for modern technology.  I don't think I would survive way out here without phone calls and emails and letters from my family!  California and Utah are way to far away!

7 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh how sad to see grandma go.......she seems like such a great grandma. Do you still go to Sturbridge Village? When is Jeremiah done, anyway? What will you do when he is done?

Tamara said...

We have a membership to Old Sturbridge Village but didn't get there with my mom this year. The kids love going there and there are lots more kid friendly things to do. I can never get them to leave!

Looks like school will be finishing up this summer. Then we have to see where we get a job and where we end up. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. A bit nerve wracking right now though. You know how it is. You were there not to long ago!

jeremiahrjones said...

Ha! I had such a good time watching those two play dominoes. Trevor thought he was so talented.

Jenn said...

wish i could of been there. I like your kids grandma!!:)

Vicki said...

waiting to see pictures of Gramma Cindy and the kiddies. I'll enjoy my "virtual visit" to Worcester!
Love you all!
Gma V

Kathryn Cooper said...

It's sad to see Grandma go because they are very helpful! My mom and dad and Alex came to church with us Sunday because I sang a solo. It was so great to be able to relax throughout church because they took over Tyson time.

Cami said...

Oh how true. It's fun to have visitors. I usually have them sneak out instead of saying goodbye to the kids so there isn't a scene. Good thing for phones and computers!