20071204

Internet cautions

Michaela has been doing research for her Henry Hudson report.  A few days ago we went to the library and found several books about the life of Henry Hudson.  The librarian also helped us out and was kind enough to show Michaela how she could access information off the library web-page.  Michaela was very excited about all the information and was very eager to get online and do more research. 

A few nights ago while I was trying to help some kids with homework, make dinner, and listen to whoever was practicing the piano Michaela came to me asking if she could use the computer to do some research.

My answer was "No Michaela, you can't do it now.  You don't know how to do it and I can't help you now.  Even if you did  know how you would need supervision and there is too much going on right now for me to be able to help you."

Michaela had a confused look on her face  as she asked, "why do I need supervision?"

Before I even had a chance to answer her she asked,  "Is it because of the whole modesty and choreography thing?"

I was laughing so hard at that one but managed to say, "yes Michaela that is exactly why you can't be on the computer without supervision."  

Bet you didn't know that modesty and choreography had anything to do with the internet.   

3 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

LOVE it. LOVE it. Anything that makes me laugh out loud is pure genius.....at least to me.

Jenn said...

Ha-- very funny. I had a nice laugh (out loud) to myself. They do listen and pick up on things!!

Cami said...

Oh that nasty choreography! It gets me every time . . .