Home and doing well

Saturday afternoon Emersynne ventured out of the hospital and came home to some excited siblings. We first made a stop at Dunkin Donuts so Emersynne could take some donuts home for the kids. The kids were all so impressed that Emersynne knew exactly which donut was their favorite!

Although coming home to kids with colds and fevers is not an ideal situation, so far things have gone well. The kids have not been allowed to be near the baby and poor Abigail is taking that rather personally. Whenever I sit down with the baby, Abigail wants to be right next to me. I think she is afraid that the baby is taking over her space!

Tomorrow Emersynne goes to the doctors and hopefully she has gained what she lost in the hospital and hasn't lost any more.

For those of you that asked, yes I did get to the hospital in time for an epidural. Thank goodness for that because it was bad enough even with the epidural but nothing compared to my delivery with Abigail!

I had hoped that I would have the baby on the 10th because it was my sisters birthday. I went to bed feeling a bit depressed but at the same time sure that it wouldn't be much longer. I woke up in the wee hours of the morning after having a dream that my water had broken, to find that my water had in fact broken. So we missed the 10th by a few hours and had to settle on the 11th.

I started having contractions about a half hour after arriving at the hospital and by the time they got unbearable the baby was on her way. It seems that I sneaked in the epidural at just the right time! If my water hadn't broken before I started having contractions then it would have been another really quick delivery. So, it was an uneventful delivery and we are so glad to have Emersynne here at last!

Anthony was hoping to hold on to his status as being the biggest baby in our family but has given it up rather graciously. Anthony and Emersynne actually have the same birth weight but Emersynne pulled ahead by being two inches longer.


Mark and Kiss said...

Hooray! It is always so nice to come home and start the recovery process and try and get things back to normal after having a baby. I loved hearing the details about how things went and so glad you got an epidural and the delivery went well. Squish her cute little face for me and give big hugs to all your other children! Wish I lived closer to let the kids come over and play and give you a little respite.... hope you get some.

angie said...

I'm glad that you got that epidural and that everyone is so excited to have you both home. My water broke in bed, too. No fun having to clean THAT up. :) Hope all the kids are better now? Congrats, again!

Kathryn said...

Tyson gets mad when I keep him from Craig too. He can't get enough of him. Our babies are exactly 1 week apart. Fun! Congratulations again. I'm glad you're doing well.

Jenn said...

Glad things were better this time. Good idea on the donuts! Should of thought of that one. Is your mom coming to visit?

Cami said...

I'm glad everything went well. What a sweet baby. Good job sneaking in that epidural! I had mine for a total of 20 minutes last time.