20110124

It's amazing!

About a week ago I took the plunge and pulled Emersynne out of diapers. This is the stage that I most dread but I thought that if I started now maybe, just maybe she would be potty trained by the time we moved into the new house in two months.

That first day was rough. I followed Emersynne around all day cleaning up accidents and the only way to get her to sit on the potty for any length of time was to give her my chap stick or "yips" as she calls them. I figured having my chap stick ruined was probably a small price to pay especially if it meant I didn't have to buy diapers anymore. At the end of the day I was frustrated and wondered if she was really ready for this. I certainly didn't think so.

The next day was sunday and since most of our day is spend at church I tried to have regular times of putting her on the potty but she spent most of the day in diapers.

Monday came and since I was planning to stay at home cleaning and doing laundry I decided to give Emersynne another try. She had a few accidents but by the end of the day Emersynne was telling me when she needed to go and Tuesday morning she found the princess panties in the drawer and didn't want anything to do with the training panties. There was no looking back now and things just got better. No more accidents and I didn't even have to watch the clock to make sure I put her on every few hours because Emersynne would come tell me when she needed to go. I went to bed so excited Tuesday night and still not really believing how easy it had been. What I thought would take me two months or more was accomplished in four days. Way to go Emersynne!


2 comments:

Jenn said...

yea Emersynne!! Love when they impress us! :) and yea to no more diapers!!

It's Tinkerbell panties at our house!

Samantha Allred said...

Woo-hoo! Good job Emersynne! That's great news.