20070113

Randomness Alert



My wife read my first blog entry last night as I was dressing for our much anticipated dinner date.

"You are so random."

"Well, I said that you probably wouldn't find it interesting."

"If no one finds it interesting, then why are you doing it?"

"I didn't say that no one would find it interesting."

"Who, then?"

"Well... me, I guess."

"Oh."

DISCLAIMER: If you are looking for anything interesting, or even comprehensible, you are looking in the wrong place. Anything posted here is not meant to be intelligible to anyone other than the poster of the blog. Any lucidness contained in this blog is completely coincidental. Proceed at you own risk.

So...

It's been unseasonably warm this winter in the greater Boston area. As I sit at my computer this morning and type this update, songbirds are singing outside my window. My children have not seen the snow thick enough to cover the grass, which, by the way, is still a healthy green color, and reminds me of lawns during the wet California winters of my youth. Officially, the winter has set record high temperatures, and has TV weathermen scratching their collective heads and scrambling for viable explanations as to why I have yet to shovel my walk this winter. No, really--they care.

My favorite explanation for this crazy is "El Niño." As if there's some big kid out in the middle of the Pacific making waves and affecting weather all over the western hemisphere. He must be some gordo niño. Jet stream, global warming--like any of those actually exist.... I think I'll have to come up with my own explanation. I had better do it quick, because we are expected to get an ice storm and possibly snow this weekend, and a possible return to "normal" winter weather. Really, I think the moral is this: people don't want nice--they want consistency.

I have to mention that, while I sit here typing, Tamara is downstairs fixing breakfast--a task usually left to Daddy on Fatterday mornings. At first I wondered that she should be down there slaving away on a weekend morning, when she usually tries to relax a little bit, while she can. I think that she fells a little pressed for time. We've got a lot on our plate before the kids' basketball game at noon.

Which reminds me that I need to mention that we now have three children participating in the youth hoops basketball league at Clark Street Elementary. As the assistant coach for my kids' team, I am a little anxious to see how Natalie does in her first game today. As a dad, I can hardly wait to see how much fun they have, despite Natalie only having dribbled a basketball for the first time this past Tuesday during practice. I love this picture of Anthony during his first game. His posture is so expressive of his bewilderment.

No comments: