20070112

Blog on, dude!


Yep--as if I don't have enough to do as I try to make a final push to get out of grad school. That's exactly what Tamara said, so you're in good company, friend. Why blog, then? Here's where we turn into Choose Your Own Adventure:
If you think that I'm doing it because "everyone else" is, you might be partially right, please turn to page 45.
You think that I just want more attention than I am getting--again, possible, if not altogether accurate. Go to page 60.
If you think I like hearing myself spout off, you are probably more insightful than those who have already turned the page, if still a little off base. Go to page 22.5.
If you think I'm trying to impress chicks, don't even turn the page. Close the browser window. Go read your high school yearbook and reminisce about all those cheerleaders that were in love with you. It'll be a short trip down memory lane, I'm sure.
If you're thinking that I've been consistently frustrated in my attempts to find the proper venue for my non-PC "propaganda" (we're talking politics here, folks, not Windows), then you win the gold star for today. Please continue reading below.
I might as well get this cleared up right now. I just realized that I inadvertently chose blue for the color of Massachusetts in the title of my blog. (I made it myself, chicks.) I am not endorsing the Democratic Party. I am not endorsing the Republican Party. I hope that both parties will somehow magically vaporize into a light purple haze that will be visible on fine days over Capitol Hill, and we can sit together somewhere on the National Mall and remember bygone days when politicians spent more time worrying about what the other party was doing than working to improve this great nation and the lives of its citizens. Ah, wouldn't that be nice.

For those of you who are more politically aware--NO, this blog is not about being suppressed by the evils of communism. For those of you less perceptive souls, "red-staters" as Glenn Beck would probably say--this blog is not about country music east of the Mississippi. I just needed a good title. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything to tie in with something more in line with personal interests of mine. The Tolkeinesque "the Balrog Weblog" had promise, though, and the Schultzy "Bloghead" seemed fun, but a bit presumptuous for my first foray into the realm of blogging.

Anyway, um, um, where was I? Kinda lost my train of thought.... Uh, well, uh, OK. Anyway I, I know it's kinda a roundabout way of saying it, but I guess the whole point I'm tryin' to make here is:

I HATE SAUERKRAUT!

Scratch that, and apologies to Weird Al. What I'm really trying to say is this:

All systems go. We have blog.

Stay tuned.

No comments: