20070615

South Beach Diet - Day 4

12:15 PM - Dragging. I feel like I have almost no energy and could just fall asleep right here with my head on my desk. I hope that this is just me not getting enough sleep. With the new diet being the most recent change, I think I'm more apt to point my finger on the change in my eating habits, even if South Beach is blameless. It's human nature, I guess.

You'll see from my dumb little graphic that both Tamara and I seem to have made substantial progress toward our weight goals. Again, it could be just a downward turn in out regular weight fluctuations, but I tend to implicate the new diet.

I asked Tamara what she thought about the initial weight loss.

"I sure hope it's from dieting. I don't want to be tormenting myself for nothing!"

I feel the same way, even though the diet hasn't been that difficult yet.

2:15 PM - Stuggling... to... stay... awake...

10:29 PM

We're going to call it a day now--and what a day. Tamara told me earlier that this was the hardest day so far on our new diet. She says that, more than anything, the more limited food choices are getting to her.

Personally, I am waiting to see what tomorrow brings. Even though I feel that I am eating enough at meals, I am feeling like I'm not coming away with the energy that I usually have. On top of trying this new diet, I had a minor headache all this afternoon and into this evening that made me feel even more out of sorts.

Today is a significant day for me. Thirteen years ago I went into the MTC. Eleven years ago I returned home from my mission in Russia.

No comments: