20071108

Pitter-patter of little feet

The children were in bed when Tamara and her mom left to go shopping this evening. Everything was quiet -- for a little while.

As I sat downstairs on the couch, I heard the ladder on the boys' bed clatter, and then the floor creak as someone walked out into the hall.Then I saw Anthony's head poke down just low enough for me to see.

"Daddy?"

"Yes?" was my slightly gruff reply.

"Around the circle--is that how long you'll be my dad?"

"Yes... Anthony?"

"Yes?"

(This is where I should have stopped, I think.)

"If my foot is square, what shape will it leave on your buttocks?

"Uhhh... Oh!"

Then came the quick patter of feet all the way back to bed.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Anthony's question made me smile...yours made me laugh! You are so great. I wish we lived closer!

jeremiahrjones said...

me too!

someday, i hope!