20080520

Sad Day!

I've been meaning to write for several days now but time has slipped away from me. Where does it all go?

Saturday morning I found out I was being released from my calling as Second Counselor in the Primary Presidency. I was a little shocked at my feelings of sadness over this but I guess it is always hard to see a good thing end. Saturday I spent the day trying to hold back my tears and Sunday they all broke loose. Maybe if I had cried over it on Saturday I wouldn't have been so out of control on Sunday. I managed to get through my last sharing time without crying but cried during just about everything else. Looking back on it now I am a bit embarrassed at how I couldn't keep from crying. I'm going to blame it on hormones. I am an emotional person to begin with but when you add pregnancy to the equation the end result is not pretty.

I have really enjoyed my time with the primary children and will really miss them. I have learned so much from the 3 sisters I have worked with and am so grateful for their friendship.

It has been about 3 years since I've been to Relief Society or Sunday School so I have a feeling it will be quite an adjustment! I wonder if I can even sit still that long. I never seemed to do much sitting in primary.

I still have my calling as Ward Organist but wasn't called to anything else. I really don't think that will last so I will have to wait and see what comes my way.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I couldn't sit still after I was released from primary!(and i was happy to be released!) I felt like a little kid.

Laurie said...

Bitter sweet. Congratulations?! :)
atleast you can have a little breather. I'm sure the crying was pregnancy ,that is quite the medical diagnosis. Dr's are always blaming pregnancy. Enjoy your "quiet time"

Claremont First Ward said...

I remember going back to RS after being in Primary and having a REALLY hard time sitting still! :) I teach the CTR 8's this year (there are 14 that come each week), and I know I'd be really sad to be released. Who is the new presidency? Anyone I know?

Jen said...

It was very hard for me to be released last September. I had served in the presidency for the last 6 of the 7 years we've been in our ward. It was a huge adjustment and I was very antsy in RS. It gets better! Pray for peace. It really helps. Now I'm in YW. Didn't think I would like it, but I LOVE IT!

Mark and Kiss said...

After being in Primary for a few years in Worcester and then being called to Releif Society, I remember that when I felt things were slow moving or people might be losing interest, I kept thinking that we needed to stand up and sing a "get your wiggles out song". You know, like "Popcorn Popping, or "Once There Was a Snowman", or "Do As I'm Doing". Who knows, maybe the ladies would have liked it...ha, ha, ha. I know I would have, I love to be silly for a pick me up.

Well, your sadness just goes to show how much love and work you put into it. You are awesome!

Cami said...

I just got released from being Primary Chorister and although it was being really hard for me, I am sad too. I took time off after the baby and they released me before I even came back. Sad times.