20091101

Cutting out of the middle

The other day I walked into the dining room as Anthony was just finishing a project. He had wanted to make a bat to hang up, and folded a sheet of black construction paper in half in order to make a symmetrical bat. He was quite pleased with the result and was about to discard the paper from which he had cut the bat when I asked him if he could cut out a second bat.

"No, there's no more room."

"Why is that?"

He thought and looked at the paper, of which there was initially enough to make four or five bats.

"Because... I cut the first bat out of the middle of the paper."

I gave Anthony his reminder about wisely using resources available to him. I try to do the same.

Just a little reminder for you:
How are you doing with conserving your resources?

No comments: